ICR’s ABB focused course relies on in-depth, hands-on exercises to teach students necessary robotic skills. These skills include robot
operation, programming, root cause system troubleshooting, recovery and efficient teach pendant navigation.
We also highlight core robotic concepts such as coordinate systems, tool center point verification, routine selection, use of the program pointer, cursor and understanding program flow. After completion of this course, students will possess basic techniques for improving and validating cycle time.
ABB IRC5 Course Highlights
- Printed manuals developed by Valentine Automation include objectives for each chapter, terminology, theory, procedures, and in-depth hands-on lab activities
- Copies of test scores, sign-in sheets, certificates, and course evaluations will be forwarded via email
- Students will receive certificates for completing the class
Gain valuable production floor experience
Additional instruction will provide students with knowledge of robot communication methods, input and output types and program instructions that are critical for operation and troubleshooting. Valuable experience will be gained through robot calibration verification, rev counter updates, motor / arm calibration methods.
We also make sure to cover file utilities, backup & restore functions and root cause troubleshooting methods to minimize positional, and program changes to eliminate unnecessary downtime, plus hot edits for making minor adjustments to positions while in automatic mode.
ABB IRC5 Robotic Training Topics
- Systems Components
- Control Panel and Status Indicators
- FlexPendant Navigation
- Coordinate Systems
- Efficient Jog Methods
- Fault Recovery and Event Log
- Routine Selection and Cycling
- Program Pointer and Cursor
- Basic and Offset Motion Instructions
- Commonly Used Program Instructions
- Application Specific Commands
- System Troubleshooting
- Data Types and Uses
- Routines vs Modules
- Modifying Positions
- TCP Adjust vs Position Modification
- Basic Program Editing, Including Hot Edits
- Auto Mode Preparation and Recovery
- Troubleshooting Using I/O
- Setup/Verify Tool Center Point
- Rev Counter Updates, Calibration
- Backup and Restore Utilities